Friday, August 5, 2011

Banging Rocks Together Here :(

Most of the GP System's front end is working. Currently the argument parsing, gp configuration parsing and loading (inputs, outputs, and constants; hopefully in the future, function sets). Most of its done through vectors so i wont have to go through the hassle of pre-configuring the array sizes through the program. No buffer overflow attacks either :P. The genome classes evaluation loops as well as the population arrays are mostly complete. Now its time to implement random and seed generation and finally: mutation+crossover: which is scarier than operating system implementation without serial ports, which is saying something. I'll be temporarily blind unless I learn to work that more complex parts of gdb and there's no telling what'll be going on during population generation since I havent put any output messages. And even if i have, there's 5 populations of 100 organisms/programs so i'll be looking at 500 outputs. Minimum. I'm not too sure, but i don't think that gdb will let me quickly analyze 500 lines of code either. Worst hassle of my life. Except for the yearly summer reading. Still have to do that too :( . I'm thinking of adapting/gluing some of the code from MIT's galib into my project since it already works, but i was planning to make mutations and crossovers configurable in the likely event where I implement a meta-gp system to optimize mutation and crossover times to achieve better and faster results. Who knows. I just hope i dont break my own code.

No comments:

Post a Comment